Thursday, November 13, 2008

Checking in. I'm still here.

I know my posts have been sparse. Sorry about that. But I've been very productive, writing and writing and writing. That dissertation won't beat me. I've still been scanning the blog headlines, so I know I have things to do, soon.

1. A Big Thank you to Electronic Village for the Thoughtful Blogger Award. I'll do a post about this and name my own Throughtful Bloggers. He named me for this award for the Black Bloggers for Education efforts. The fundraising has stalled and some projects are scheduled to end. It's not too late to contribute. Please do. $5 is the minimum bid.

2. Bro. Eddie Griffin is spreading the word about Student Opportunity in Education. I promised him a cross-post and I've been rather busy. Here are references, though.

TCU Community Scholars Online Application due November 15, 2008
It is an excellent program that pays full tuition for deserving students who attend the nine high schools… Eva Bonilla, Chair HWNT – FW Chapter - evabonilla@charter.net The Community Scholars application is available online at the following link:
http://www.admissions.tcu.edu/communityscholars/.
Please remind your students that by completing the application, the $40 fee will be waived automatically.


3. I'm behind with my Science Vocab series. Most of these postings have been submitted to the Carnival of Evolution, which is published every 2 weeks, the 1st and the 15th. I probably won't get one in this time, but I hope to be back on the ball by Dec 1. But I encourage everyone to check it out - great stuff. I might cuff some of this for my future classroom lectures. Just saying.

4. And it hasn't escaped me that we have a New President - one that is Pro-STEM and Education. I can't write about this, but the dissertation and publications come first.

Staying productive.

No comments: