Sunday, June 21, 2009

Women Professors

How many female math, science or engineering teachers (high school) or professors (college) did you have in school. Well, I'd wager not many. That's because womean still earn a smaller percentage of the new PhDs in these fields than do men. More women are joining the academic ranks, but the rate of growth is still rather slow. Check out the Scientific American article Why Aren't More Women Tenured Science Professors? to read more about it and wiegh in on the topic.

9 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

it was a lot at emory - black men is whats lacking

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. In this article, you have discussed the women professors in college for teaching maths and science. Also I observed more womens are joining the academic ranks, but the rate of growth is very slow in PHd. Thanks for sharing the information. Apart from this article, I learned some facts about hamsters habitat which have become established as popular small house pets.

joy dcosta said...

Great blog. I will recommend it to my Students
Online Clinical Research Course

Clinical Research Course said...

Amazing. Keep sharing content with us. Thank you so much.

Anamika Singh said...

Thanks for crafting this beautiful information. I’m thankful and humbled to you. This is the best blog I have ever read. I’m going to make sure that I will share. Rubix Market Research

Clinical Research said...

Great Post! it is very helpful for me and all for those who want to learn.
Clinical Research Courses in Pune

Rubix Rresearch said...

Nice blog, I really appreciate the hard efforts you would have taken while creating this informational blog. Smart Kitchen Appliances Market

Tejus's Factory said...

Top Clinical Research training Institute in Noida Delhi NCR

Tejus's Factory said...

Best Clinical Training Insititute in Noida