Sunday, January 13, 2008

Go Green for the New Year - Take Baby Steps

Okay, I will belabour this point...Go Green!
It is a world imperative that we (humans) use our natural resources wisely. Although being green is now an eco-political movement, it is not new. Not so long ago, many of our parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents lived very modest lives. As a child (I grew up in the 80's), I remember my grandmothers restricting my access to the refrigerator (don't leave it open), making me turn off lights if I wasn't in the room, not allowing me to turn the light on if the sun was shining bright (open the window), scrapping my food scraps in a slop container, planting a vegetable garden, handing out scrap paper for arts & crafts, not letting us grandkids play with running water in the bathroom, no running in & out of the house, drinking from a re-useable cup, and insisting that we not waste toilet paper.

In memory of both of my grandmothers and their conservative spirits, I am faving Treehugger and their committment to helping us all Go Green! Green is for the environment and the money you save when you conserve natural resources. Read up and take a small step or three in the greener direction.

No comments: